Monday, May 26, 2014

“Though Israel be not yet gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.”

Week Seventeen!

This week was a growing week.  Which is happy code for this week was really, really, really ridiculously hard.  On Tuesday we found out Hermana Witt was going to Lima until Saturday.  We had two options close Chilca for a few days or have a member be my companion for a while.

Obviously I chose the latter, I’m not leaving my investigators.  So with two weeks left in my training, I became a trainer.  But that wasn't the hard part, leading the lesson wasn't hard, the speaking Spanish every second wasn't hard.  It was the changing companions every 12 hours that was hard.

And by Saturday I was so done.  I was so ready to have Hna Witt back, and that was when I got the phone call.  Hna. Witt isn't coming back till Tuesday as in tomorrow Tuesday, I still don’t have a companion.  Today I am staying with the Hermanas of Peñaloza and I think this has been the hardest because I’m not in my area with people I’m comfortable with and I’m not with my companion, who is quite a bit more obedient than some other missionaries, and that is the hardest part.  Being ignored in lessons, getting yelled at for my informe numbers and doing the right thing all by myself when everyone around me is supposed to be doing it too.

But there were some highlights to the week.  We saved the cat and broke a window in the process, oops.  There was a stake relief society activity, where a bunch of Peruvians acted out the Oregon Trail, well not the Oregon Trail but the one for the Mormons.  I don’t remember what it was called but they were doing the story in Daughters of my Kingdom and there was a part about Taiwan and the United States and I got to be the United States it was great.

Then on Sunday the member didn't know they were feeding us so they took us to a restaurant and on the TV Lost was playing it was Season Two and I was like, Hey, I know this show, I've seen every episode.  Angie, my temp companion was like every episode?  This just started and I was just like I know what happens, hahaha, it was great.

After lost was over Warehouse 13 started and I was like man this is awesome, just kidding, it was only slightly cool for a brief worldly moment.

But this week I decided Isaiah is my favorite prophet of antiguidad, and Nephi is my favorite in the book of Mormon and here are some verses I liked.

"Then I said, I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for naught and in vain, surely for my judgment is with the Lord and my work with my God"

"But Behold Zion hath said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me- but he will show he hath not"


This is total.

We went to get Jaime’s marrage peper stuff
and we picked up a hitch hiker and his dead cow.
It was great

When the Olympics come to the middle of nowhere Peru,
yeah they’re ready
This fruit is warehead sour
This fish has a head



No comments:

Post a Comment