Saturday, October 10, 2015

1 Nephi 21: 13-16

"Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; for the feet of those who are in the east shall be established; and break forth into singing, O mountains; for they shall be smitten no more; for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not. For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."
Now, all of us have had trail in our lives, and this is a great blessing that the Lord gives us so that we might always have Him on our side.
That He will never forget us.
When we speak of this we always speak of the poem of the man who looks back on his life as footsteps in the sand- in short. He sees sometimes there are two sets of foot prints, his and the Lords along side them.
but it the hardest times of his life there was only one set, and he turns to the Lord and asks "Lord why in my greatest times of need you abandoned me?" and the Lord simple responds "I did not abandon you, I carried you"
And isn't that fantastic?
even when we don't think about it, don't recognize Him in our lives, He is still there. But my favorite part of the verse is when He says "I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands".
The Lord suffered and died for us, but it was because of His love for us. His undying charity, or the pure love of Christ. 
Thats something I have been focusing on the last few weeks, is the Charity that the Lord has for each and every one of us. And even though He knows all of our sins, even though men are those who killed Him. He still has this undying love for each and everyone of us. To carry us through our hardest times.
But only if we ask for His help.
This is something I have though about this week also. How many when faced with trails. Tend to turn away from the Lord. Whether because the think that they have offended Him in some way, or because they become angry because of their suffering. But If we turn to the Lord, He will bless us in ways we have never imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment