Saturday, April 25, 2015

A Missionary of Success

Week Sixty-four!

This week I have restarted to read Preach My Gospel. And with the grand blessing I have been able to rediscover my favorite section. "A Successful Missionary"

I love this section.  Mostly because serving in Peru isn’t as everyone has always described it, like a family baptism every week.  But also the mission itself - like being a senior companion after completing half your mission.

The thing is I came into the mission field at a very special time for the work of salvation.  A time were we are here to work as a team not only as a companionship but also as a work.  Working with other missionaries in our ward and the ward leaders to find the people that the Lord has prepared for us, and not just those who want to be baptized without knowing the significance of the gospel.  A time were the wave, of new missionaries, was ending and now almost all of the missionaries have more than a year in the mission and are more experienced and ready to work.  I’m in a wonderful spot and we are working hard to do good in the little town of Ambo.

And even though I don’t have a million baptisms, or the title of senior companion.  I know that we are really a tool in the hands of the Lord and we are striving to be better, because "You can know you have been a successful missionary when you:

  • Feel the Spirit testify to people through you.
  • Love people and desire their salvation.
  • Obey with exactness.
  • Live so that you can receive and know how to follow the Spirit, who, will show you where to go, what to do, and what to say.
  • Develop Christlike attributes.
  • Work effectively every day, do your very best to bring souls to Christ, and seek earnestly to learn and improve.
  • Help build up the Church (the ward) wherever you are assigned to work.
  • Warn people of the consequences of sin. Invite them to make and keep commitments.
  • Teach and serve other missionaries.
  • Go about doing good and serving people at every opportunity, whether or not they accept your message." (PMG Cap 1) 
These are the things we are striving to do in our areas and in ourselves.  Maybe I’m still not perfect yet but I know that with the Lords help I will get there one day.

Jesusa is progressing well, she still hasn’t had the opportunity to attend church but this week she promised us that she would go with us and I know that she will feel the Spirit of the Lord while she is there.

I know this gospel is true, and maybe we won’t always have the success that we desire but we will have the success that the Lord desires.

I love you All

Hermana Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment