Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Power of Ambo

Week Sixty-two!

I don’t know what it is about this place, but there is just something you need to love about Ambo.  When I came here in divisions one day I really was not a fan I will admit it but really it is more than just working in a little pueblo on the side of a mountain climbing up and down every moment.

I don’t know if it is just being outside of a city but there is just such a good atmosphere here everyone knows who we are and even though they are still slow to accept this wonderful message they still accept and love us for trying.

As my last few areas have been, Ambo is kind of slow in the work we don’t have any baptisms planned and we are finding it slow to find new people to teach but I can’t let that put me down.  Our Ward Mission Leader is working hard to help us in the work.

I am so grateful for the General Conference we were able to see this week and I would just like to testify that I know that those men The Prophet, His Councilors, and the 12 Apostles are men that are called of God.  That despite the flaws of men that they have the power and ability to receive the revelation that they need to direct the church of God today.  I know that everyone that went to the Conference looking for answers received what they were looking for.

If you were wondering what my favorite talk was it was a tie between David A Bednar and Dieter F Uchtdorf.

I know that, despite the view of the world, Satan is attacking the family more than ever before.  That is the reason that men ordained of God focused so much on that topic.  If we can strengthen a few families and our families personally it is the best thing we can do.  As Elder Tom Perry shared, if every religion which believes in a higher being, believes in the same law how could we say it wasn’t ordained of God.

I don’t have much else to say but this testimony I have.  If you just pray and ask God if Thomas S Monson is a prophet, with REAL and TRUE intent to know, God will answer you and there is no need to fear.

Maybe there were quite a few things that threw off this conference, like problems with translators, the group not sustaining the prophet, but we can still feel the peace in the words of these great men.

I love this gospel.
I love our Prophet.
And I love my Father in Heaven and my older brother Jesus Christ.

Love
Hermana Peters

PS. the president of my university is now in the first quorum of the 70 so we will see what happens with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment