Thursday, October 16, 2014

The New Life of Training

Week Thirty-seven!
Hermana Pfister

Well, I finally have a new companion, and by new, I mean really new, I’m officially a trainer.  It officially freaks me out because I literally have no idea what I am doing and I’m supposed to show someone else how to do it, what?  But she’s pretty cool.  Her name is Hna Pfister (The P is silent), she’s from Redlands, California.  Her mom was born in Guatemala, and her dad was born in Norway.  I don’t really know what else to say about her.  She’s really great, sometimes a little stubborn, but really I just have to explain that it’s the rules of the mission and she gets over it. 

This week we finally got to see General Conference, it was really fun running in between the English room and the Spanish room when people were speaking in their native languages.  I loved President Eyring’s talk, as always, and I loved that there was a focus on prophets and I feel like a lot of the talks about prophets can help the people that we are teaching and help all of the investigators around the world.


I don’t know if I have mentioned but there has been a big focus on working with less active members and we had a really powerful lesson with some less actives this week it was the Family Torres.  We have been teaching their son Estefano ever since I have gotten here but he hasn’t really been progressing because he doesn’t go to church because his family is less active.  So we finally got an appointment with his family except his dad "Jesus Torres, Ex Bishop" was out of town.  But I felt it was really powerful because we spoke with them and usually from ward gossip we find out really fast why someone doesn’t go to church. But with them the only thing we heard was "Jesus Torres is the best bishop this ward has ever seen" and I was really frustrated because I didn’t know how to help them.  So we sat down and told them that the church needed them, and exactly what we have heard, that the ward misses them and wants them back and while they were talking it just seems like they lost their faith internally they didn’t fight with anyone they didn’t get offended they just little by little stopped going to church and forgot the blessings in their life and so now we are working with their family to try and get them activated and I told them that we aren’t going to baptize Estefano until his dad can baptize him and they seemed really okay with it.  I really want to help them more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment