Saturday, July 18, 2015

Second to last email.

Week Seventy-Six!

Well today I would like to talk about something that I learned in my mission.  While I have been going through ups and downs these last 18 months there is something very interesting I learned.

I went and visited a therapist and after many meetings and tests, I learned that I have something called Perfectionism.  That’s right I’m a medically diagnosed perfectionist.  (I’m guessing that it stems from my mom’s OCD)  But if you are wondering what that means here’s a little medical snip it.

Perfectionism is a medical condition characterized by severe self-criticism and self-doubt, often accompanied by anxiety, depression, or obsessive-compulsive behavior. It can lead to appetite and sleep disturbances, confusion, problems in relationships, inability to concentrate, procrastination of important tasks, and, if left untreated, major depression, and anxiety disorders.

Now why have I waited to mention this?  I don’t know, but I realized that I haven’t and told my companion and she yelled at me for not telling anyone.

So here I am.  My main treatment has become looking at the positive side of things and it usually helps a lot.  So.  That’s what has happened.  I no longer need a therapist.  But it is a lifelong thing.  So that’s it on that.

Ambo is good.  They are planning my farewell / birthday party.  So I’m assuming that will be fun, and we also have a baptism planned for this Saturday.  I’ll let you know how that goes.

Love you all

Hermana Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment