Saturday, November 21, 2015

King Benjamin's Speech

This week I the great opportunity to read about King Benjamin and his people. There is one verse I feel always sticks out in this part, and it is one that we reference frequently. and it is found in the second chapter, the seventieth verse it says:

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

I spent all morning looking for a mormon message to go with this, and honestly I didnt feel like any of them fit with what I was thinking about this week.

So I'm going to share what happened this week.

It was probably still the most normal day, I had just finished my normal study block in the library that I do almost every morning and was about to head to my class. I was walking behind and older gentleman who I assumed was a professor here on campus.

While I was walking behind him to exit the building he stops and see the security lady and says "wow! your hair is beautiful! its like a waterfall cascading down your head!"

For a moment I stared. Her hair was in fact very beautiful. But the fact that he took the time to stop and make eye contact and genuinely compliment her with such enthusiasm is what really stopped me.

Seeing him act that way made me want to do the same,

its like those cheesy commercials where the act of kindness goes around in a circle are more than just cheesy commercials. Its a real thing. I spent the rest of the day trying to make someone smile as big as this man did for this young lady.

I know that when we make another child of God feel that way, just feel awesome, that we are truly serving God. Making Him not only proud of us but also glad that someone helped His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment