Sunday, December 8, 2013

Called To Serve : The Peru Huancayo Mission

"Dear Sister Peters,
You have been called as a missionary for the Church if Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the PerĂº Huancayo Mission...
You should report to the Peru Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, January 29, 2014. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language."

In about 2 months I will be in the mission field teaching the wonderful people of the Huancayo Peru Mission, and I am beyond excited. Nerves are setting in but I am beginning to feel the love of and a love for the the people of Peru. 

This blog will be updated as I see fit before I leave and then weekly by my parents after I get into the field and will hopefully be a resource for friends and family to stay updated and future missionaries to get some information of what it is like in the mission field.

Having the call to serve has been such a blessing in my life already, I have been able to connect to people I never would have before, and also feel the love of God like I never have before and I know that this love will grow the more I dedicate myself to his work.

God Bless,
Kirstin Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment